Energy efficiency, a major concern in both industrial and public contexts, has recently become a highly strategic issue. Compliance with this principle is reflected in the selection of solutions and technologies able to promote optimised consumption, rationalisation of resources and improved environmental compatibility.
Today, co- and tri-generation plants represent one of the most technologically efficient solutions that caters most effectively to this need. A concept based on the combined production of electricity, heat and, where necessary, cold through recovery of thermal energy from exhaust fumes or the cooling circuits of electricity generating systems.
Therefore, adoption of a cogeneration approach is above all an effective response able to ensure economic profitability (recovery of energy that would not be exploited otherwise) and environmental compatibility (lower emissions into the atmosphere for the same amount of energy produced).
But choosing cogeneration also means complying with the principle of self-sufficiency in the production of electricity and heat, preferring a solution constructed entirely to specific requirements and aligned with the principles of sustainable development.
Drawing on its specific expertise, EDF Fenice, an Energy Service Company (ESCO) active in Europe for many years, offers public* and private customers a complete package of innovative energy solutions with innovative formulas at particularly attractive conditions, including study, design, financing and plant management.
EDF Fenice sets and manages industrial co- and tri-generation plants with a power of between 1 and 100 MW, but its Operation & Maintenance (O&M) Division can also provide only management of an existing third party plant.
Value added that, for our customers, translates into:
- The possibility of concentrating on their core business, avoiding allocation of resources to non-strategic activities
- Tailor-made” contracts
- Financing of the entire project
- Service fees inclusive of all fixed and variable costs
- Possibility of prior definition of the effective cost of electricity, heat and cold for the entire duration of the contract
- Fixed, certain maintenance fees and costs for the entire duration of the contract
- Scaling of the plant in order to achieve the best ratio between the customer’s requirements and the best energy economy and environmental protection conditions.
- Taking over of all formalities to obtain permits and environmental authorisations
- Primary fuel purchase at the best conditions.
(*) In Italy, EDF Fenice is in possession of the SOA attestation of qualification required by companies wishing to participate in tenders for awarding of public works or management activities.