From Energy Services
For many industrial and commercial clients OES have implemented energy management systems. The objective of the Energy Management System is to establish a systematic approach for improving energy performance and efficiency continuously. OES work with the client to ensure that energy management is a day to day part of business management and is a key performance indicator. The Energy Management System is structured in a similar manner to the Environmental Management System, ISO14001. OES can assist on the implementation of an energy management system which is stand alone or can be integrated into existing systems on site. This approach ensures that a company benefits from the continued value-add of the management system, in the form of reduced energy costs.
The main benefits of the system are:
- An organisation and its senior management demonstrate a strong commitment to energy efficiency.
- Good energy management is embedded in normal operations
- Action is based on key energy usage.
- The emphasis is laid on getting it right the first time and on a process of continuous improvement.
- Because of the need for participation by all staff, energy management does not depend on one person.
Processes are standardised so that improvements are sustained over time. OES Auditors are trained as Technical Assessors and Lead Auditors and have experience in the design and implementation of Energy Management Systems to the Irish Standard IS393.