Jeumont Electric is a recognized specialist in electrical rotating machines, producing generators and motors for a wide variety of markets. One of its most unquestionable assets: its technological creativity. Jeumont Electric has built its reputation on its thorough knowledge of customers’ process, mastering the most demanding needs in terms of electrical rotating machines. To cope with the international ambition of our clients, we have strengthened our commercial network and our production capabilities in Europe and in the rest of the world.
At the pinnacle of modern technology, JEUMONT Electric designs and manufactures synchronous and asynchronous machines that are integrated into systems for the following markets : Energy generation, Oil & Gas, Industry and Marine.
JEUMONT Electric and its subsidiary Sarelem also provide the necessary services to support their customers in maintaining their equipment.
The growth of world energy needs require strong environmental control, while at the same time fossil energy sources are decreasing. Energy generation and conversion sectors are thus under a lot of pressure to :
- Increase equipment lifetime and improve performance and safety
- Propose a wide range of high performance and reliable electrical rotating machines (motors and generators)
- Integrate innovating technologies to maximize performance and added value
JEUMONT Electric will contribute to the development of Altawest group on the basis of a clear customer oriented strategic line by :
- Strong continuous improvement of quality and lead times
- Strong support to customers in helping them to better define the solutions for their needs
- Project management organisation to keep a permanent focus on customer needs
Energy for sustainable development
Today, electrical drives emit significantly greenhouse gases, accounting for 70% of the industrial electricity consumption of the world (IEA source). Reducing this consumption is therefore one of the greatest energy and environment challenge of this century that JEUMONT Electric commits itself to take up.
Being aware of the high potential of reduction of energy consumption and greenhouse gases emissions, JEUMONT Electric strives to promote energy efficiency through its range of products and services.
JEUMONT Electric and its subsidiary Sarelem joined the Altawest group at the end of 2006. Altawest group, that was created in 2005, is an OEM and service supplier in energy generation and conversion.
JEUMONT Electric is part of Altawest group, that gather the talents of people who are passionate about their job. Bringing their know-how and their technological expertise, they share common values that set their vision and commitment :
Faith in people and in the future
- We believe that tomorrow will largely be a result of what we make it.
- We seize opportunities with an entrepreneurial spirit.
Openness and imagination
- We are curious of the wolrd around us. We stimulate and excite our imaginations through the experiences and concerns of our customers, thereby generating ideas that in time, often form effective solutions.
- Being professional consists of a thorough and detailed approach with no room for error. We are totally committed to achieving the task at hand productively.
- We are responsive and strive to deliver our products and services on time every time.
Positive thinking and win-win culture
- We are convinced that we shall naturally progress by assisting our partners to realise success.
- We endeavour to fully understand and support their individual objectives and interests, whilst never losing focus of our own. Because team working is more pleasant and effective, creating an aura of confidence and belief.
- Confidence needs to be earned. It relies on total integrity.
- Together with our clients and suppliers, we have mutual respect for each other and keep our word.
Since the early 20th century, R&D has always been a priority for Jeumont Electric. There is no end to the success stories that have punctuated the history of the company, always at the forefront of innovation. For example in the last 30 years :
- World power record for the asynchronous start-up of a hydro generator (La Coche)
- World power record for a hydro-electric generator (Le Cheylas)
- World record for rail speed – synchronous motor of the TGV Ouest (high speed train)
- Permanent magnet synchronous propulsion motor for military vessels (submarines, etc.)
- Canned induction motor for deep water pumping (Nautilus)
- 4 to 14 pole non salient poles generators
- Low speed axial field generator with permanent magnets for direct-drive of wind turbines
- Motor of the reactor coolant pump for the EPR
The R&D team uses state-of-the-art equipment for electrical, thermal and mechanical calculations and for in-service behaviour analysis. The focus is to update our range of machines in order to integrate innovations which will both increase added value while maintaining costs at an optimal level.
R&D also concerns services, such as developing innovative repair methods (e.g. for repairing the leaks of water cooled stator bars) or diagnosis equipment (in-service short circuit detection in generator rotors).
The R&D team works in close cooperation with the Universities and other educational establishments. It is also involved in the creation of a competitiveness cluster in the North of France, grouping electro-technical industries, research centres and universities.
Rich and diverse experience
JEUMONT Electric has over a hundred years experience in electric equipment and services. It is on the strength of this experience that it can innovate and offer solutions that are original, economical and technically reliable.
High performance manufacturing equipment
JEUMONT Electric's site is unique. It is able to cover a broad range of manufacturing operations, from 1 to 100 MW, on-site trials and services for machines with a power rating that can reach 1300 MVA.
JEUMONT Electric's site equipped with the most efficient equipment for manufacturing and requalifying electric machines. Design and engineering department is equipped with 3D calculation and design softwares.
JEUMONT Electric not only designs its products but also proposes retrofit design of equipment and can thus offer pertinent solutions for machines made by other manufacturers. Jeumont Electric’s expertise in rejuvenation or retrofit design operations is based on strict methodology in order to avoid disruption of the industrial process and to optimize production downtime.
In addition, the company has built up a close network of suppliers offering qualified products and services and whose prices and lead times for delivering parts or operations are optimized.
In order to provide our customers in France and abroad with an optimal service and response time to their needs, JEUMONT Electric has developed a special organization backed up by the necessary resources and logistics.
Our teams can be operational in record time for work at the customer’s site requiring efficient logistics based on the use of mobile containers fully equipped for machining or winding operations, as well as the testing and inspection equipment available to the teams on site.