From Flare systems
The High Temperature LO-CAL range of flares offers an optimum solution for safe and efficient degassing of old landfill sites or sites with low quality gas. The innovative Lo-Cal high temperature flare is designed to provide greater gas control during the latter phases of a site. Low calorific gas high temperature combustion is necessary on more and more sites due to increased aftercare requirements. Falling gas volumes and lower gas concentration require innovative solutions. AFS gas control systems have been successfully implemented on landfill sites for more than 15 years.
With AFS- Lo-Cal, the existing gas collection system can continue to be used. And thanks to the high temperature combustion, the emissions values comply with the regulations in force.
Our Lo-cal flaring system:
- Flow rate in this standard range: 30 to 500 cubic metres per hour
- Pressure rise across gas booster: 150 mbar
- Pressure rise across air booster: 150 mbar
- Flame temperature: 1,000°C minimum
- Retention time: 0.5 seconds
- Minimum methane concentration for combustion at specified temperature: 12%
- Number of inlets: The standard unit is fitted with 1 flanged inlet
- Flow rate is controlled by a chemical duty butterfly valve or inverter drive
- Additional inlets available upon request
- Pipe work finish: Stainless steel
- Skid & chimney finish: Hot dip galvanised to industry standard
- Burner material: High temperature stainless steel 310
- Flame arrester: On gas booster inlet, outlet & pilot
- Flame detection: Self-checking UV sensor
- Colour: BRG or to customer’s specification
The Lo-Cal range has been designed to comply with the emission standards as detailed in the EA document 'Guidance on Landfill Gas Flaring' and fully compliant with the EC ATEX Directive 94/9/EG (ATEX 95) and 99/92/EG (ATEX 137).
An optimum solution for safe and efficient degassing of old landfill sites or sites with low quality gas is the newly designed Lo-Cal high temperature flare. It has been designed to provide greater gas control during the latter phases of a site. Low calorific high temperature combustion is necessary on more and more sites due to increased aftercare requirements. Falling gas volumes and lower gas concentration require innovative solutions. AFS control systems have been successfully implemented on landfill sites for more than 15 years. With the Lo-Cal flare the existing gas collection system can continue to be used. And thanks to the high temperature combustion, the emissions values comply with the regulations in force.
The Lo-Cal class of flare units are equipped with flexibility in terms of the control panel arrangement.
The requirement for gas analysis packages is now becoming the norm. The control panel is designed to be able to accept both methane and oxygen analysers giving dual stage trigger levels for either shut down or alarm.
The basis of the panel operation is a PLC (Programmable Logic Controller) which is fully programmable with a colour display screen. Delay times, re-ignition sequences and other such factors can be programmed to suit local requirements.
Panels are built with a 20% expansion factor to allow for the installation of additional control equipment. If, for example, it is desired to retrofit a telemetry unit to be controlled through the PLC, an extension unit can be fitted to the PLC to take the signals.
The panel size will allow for such adaptation and the standard wiring will facilitate the extension. In this manner the primary cause of an alarm signal can be isolated in the PLC logic and reported via the telephone line.
All pipe work is stainless steel. The ground flare shroud is galvanised with a stainless steel top section. Fully stainless steel combustion chambers are available as an option, offering an increased life-cycle and enhanced visual appearance.
- Automatic Flame Temperature Control
- Non-Visible, Pre-Aerated, Turbulent Diffusion Flame Combustion
- Burns Safely And Efficiently With Low Calorific Gas From 30 – 12% Volume
- Combustion Air Fan & Venturi Gas Burner
- 1000 Oc Minimum Design Temperature
- 0.5 Seconds Minimum Retention Time
- Emissions Control To UK, European And Us Standards
- Booster Turn-Down To Zero Flow Without Surging
- Fully Stainless Steel Construction As Standard
- Skid Mounted For Ease Of Movement Around Site
- A Range Of Optional Instrumentation Includ-Ing Flow Rate, Inlet Gas & Emissions Analysis
- Remote Access & Control, Datalogging & Sms Text Options
- High Reliability Pilot Ignition System
- Atex Compliant Equipment Throughout