Produce Electricity & Generate Heat with a Biomass Boiler CHP solution. Ashwell Biomass along with leading Organic Rankine Cycle (ORC) specialists Enogia to offer low maintenance, cost effective and proven biomass Combined Heat and Power (CHP) solutions. Already got a biomass boiler but want to explore CHP? A key benefit of the Ashwell/Enogia solution is that it is compatible with most existing biomass boiler systems enabling clients to transform waste heat in to electricity.
The Ashwell/Enogia biomass CHP technology combines an innovative purpose built microturbine-expander to utilize hot water generated by a carefully selected 110-130°C biomass boiler to produce electricity. Furthermore any waste heat can then be used for a number of processes.
Unlike a lot of CHP systems the solution does not require super high temperature water, steam or thermal oil and can be used with low temperature hot water (starting from 70°C) meaning capital costs are much reduced and it can be retro-fitted to most existing biomass boiler systems.
Key features of the Ashwell/Enogia CHP system:
- Generate heating and electricity
- Products from 10kW - 100kW (gross electric power)
- Eligible for the Renewable Heat Incentive (RHI) & ROCs
- Operates effectively at lower temperatures (starting from 70°C)
- Benefits from Enogia's proven microturbine-expander technology
- Used in a number of countries
- Low maintenance
- Reduced downtime and running costs compared to other forms of CHP
- Cost effective solution
- Excellent paybacks vs capital investment