For combined heat and power production, Paul Wurth offers state-of-the-art technology allowing the treatment of materials, such as wood chips, sawdust, rice straw and husks, agricultural wastes and virgin biomass. Our solution includes movable grate combustion, steam boilers, steam turbines coupled to electric generator and flue gas treatment.
The plant capacity ranges
- from 0.3 up to 12 MWe;
- from 1 up to 50 MWt.
Biomass-to-Energy plants can also be designed for hot water production and represent a secure and eco-friendly solution for greenhouse and district heating.
Technology Highlights & Benefits
- Distributed energy generation
- Compact and modular solution
- Operational flexibility
- Easy operation and maintenance
- Limited manpower requirement
- Low investment cost
- Proven quality and reliability
- Full compliance with safety standards and environmental requirements