Based on over 40 years experience in developing hydropower schemes in Iceland and elsewhere we have developed a comprehensive work program covering all stages from first desk studies to full operation.
Our experts and project managers have extensive experience in managing complex hydropower and transmission projects. They have been responsible for the comprehensive management of all new power stations and associated transmission systems that Landsvirkjun has constructed over the last decades. Our experts and project managers have worked with numerous Icelandic and foreign engineering consultants, civil contractors and manufacturers of electromechanical equipment. We have also extensive experience in refurbishment and upgrading of power stations. Many of our experts have significant international experience. In the last year, Landsvirkjun Power has worked on a number of hydropower and geothermal projects in various countries.
Our Expertise and Scope of Service
We have both expertise and extensive experience in:
- Conceptual studies
- Feasibility studies
- Environmental impact assessments
- Design and design reviews
- International tendering and contracting
- Construction of new power plants and refurbishment of stations in operation
- Technical advice on hydropower projects to owners, financial institutions, power-intensive industries etc.
- Specialized advice on design and construction
- Risk assessments
- Insurance matters