CHO-Power is a new concept of energy from residual waste recovery, based on the process of gasification and improved by recent technological advances in plasma torches.The CHO-Power process transforms waste into BioSynGas (syngas) through gasification. The high temperature generated from the plasma torch enables to produce a very pure syngasof which is appropriate to power a turbine or gas engine to generate electricity.
CHO-Power electricity from waste and biomass production plant benefits :
- overall performance up to 40% efficiency,
- minimal environmental impact with very limited emissions and ultimate residue,
- process accepts a wide range of fuel,
- local, constant and reliable production,
- the compact facilities are better accepted by local communities,
The CHO-Power technology complements the existing waste sorting, recycling and composting processes.
The commissioning of the first CHO-Power unit, CHO-Morcenx (Landes, France) is planned for 2011. This unit, which will be a unique technology demonstrator, and the first step in the Group’s ambition to become a major player in renewable energy from waste or biomass.